Super Easy Braised Beef Noodles Recipe 红烧牛肉面
I’ve already put on 5kg, thanks to CB and I’m supposed to cut my food intake but this Braised Beef Noodles 红烧牛肉面 was so good that I just finished the whole bowl. We used beef shin from Aw’s Market (www.awsmarket.com.sg). It was really really good. Recipe in the first comment. Always insist on quality meat because with good meat, your dish will always turn out to be awesome.
500g beef shin (cut into bite-size cubes)
350g daikon (cut into bite sizes)
2 thumb size young ginger (sliced thinly)
1 cinnamon bark
1 star anise
1 tbsp white peppercorn
½ tbsp Sichuan peppercorn
3 shallots (chopped)
1 bulb of garlic (peeled)
2 bay leaves
½ tbsp fermented spicy bean paste
3 tbsps dark soy sauce
3 tbsps light soy sauce
20g rock sugar
2 stalks of spring onion (tie into a knot)
- Heat up some cooking oil in your pressure cooker. If you are using a multi-cooker, use open lid cooking mode.
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, cinnamon bark and fry until fragrant.
- Once the aromatics are fragrant, add rock sugar and fry until caramelized.
- Then add beef shin and fry for 5 mins, followed by dark soy sauce and fry to coat the beef well.
- Add light soy sauce and fermented spicy bean paste, mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
- Put the white peppercorns, Sichuan peppercorns and star anise in a small muslin bag and put the bag into the pot. At this time, also add bay leaves, spring onion, daikon and water.
- Put the lid on and pressure cook for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooking is done, open your pot and remove all the ingredients including the beef shin from the pot using a strainer. Do this carefully because the beef shin is extremely tender at this point.
- Lastly, add salt to taste and thicken the sauce to your desired consistency with cornstarch solution.
- Before serving, blanch your favourite leafy vegetables and noodles. Assemble all the ingredients in a bowl – add in beef shin and daikon as well as the delicious gravy over the noodles and serve hot.